International Teacher Identity Card
The International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC) is the essential discount card designed for full-time teachers and professors.
Overworked and underpaid... we think teachers deserve a break too! The teacher card (ITIC) is an internationally recognised ID card that can get you access to some fantastic discounts around the world as well!
How do I get an ITIC?
If you're now working as a full-time teacher or professor, you can enjoy teacher discounts with the International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC). You can still take advantage of thousands of similar benefits, services and savings that the ISIC student card offers, at home and away.
To get an International Teacher Identity Card, you need to present one of the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Driver's License
- State Issued ID
You need to present one of the following as PROOF of your full-time teacher status:
- Photocopy of your faculty ID showing validity for the academic year.
- A letter on school stationery from department chair or school principal verifying current full-time faculty status.
- A letter on official school or university stationery confirming that you are employed at a recognised educational establishment for a minimum of 18 hours per week and for a minimum of one academic year.
The cost is only $20.00
The validity of an ITIC is 12 months from the date of issue.
Our ISIC/ITIC/IYTC Basic plan fulfills requirements for most study abroad organizations. Our ISIC/ITIC/IYTC Premium offers an upgraded level of coverage to provide the peace of mind that you need. Our ISIC/ITIC/IYTC Explorer plan is the highest level of coverage and includes everything in Basic, Premium, plus more. The perfect choice for protecting yourself and your trip!
- Medical Emergency? Explorer covers up to $100K!
- Travelling with a laptop, iPad or camera? Explorer includes baggage loss!
- Plans changed? Explorer benefit up to $3K for Trip Cancellation!
- Planning on bungee jumping or zip lining? Explorer covers for Adventure Sports!
- What if a volcano erupts? Natural Disasters are covered under Explorer!
- Mental Health now covered by ISIC Explorer!
***Please note that the Explorer level of coverage is not valid for sale in the following U.S. states: New York, Washington, Massachusetts, Maryland and South Dakota.***
For complete coverage information and age restriction, please visit our Travel Insurance page.
Where can I get my ITIC card?
You can apply for an ITIC card here online
Find out the location of your nearest STA Travel Store or Issuing Office to get your card issued.
Whenever this service is not available at your nearest issuing point, please contact us.
Check our the discounts to find out which ISIC benefits are also available for ITIC cardholders. They will be marked with the orange logos.