Insurance Information

All ISIC/ITIC/IYTC cards issued in the U.S. include basic travel insurance that covers your international travels outside of the U.S. This insurance plan fulfills basic requirements for most study abroad organizations.

ISIC Premium & ISIC Explorer offer an upgraded level of coverage to provide the peace of mind that you need.

  • What if you have an accident or get sick? Premium & Explorer covers up to $100K!
  • Traveling with a laptop, iPad or camera? Premium & Explorer include baggage loss!
  • Plans changed? Explorer benefit up to $3K for Trip Cancellation!
  • Planning on bungee jumping or zip lining? Explorer covers for Adventure Sports!
  • What if a volcano erupts? Natural Disasters are covered under Premium and Explorer!
  • Mental Health now covered by ISIC Premium & ISIC Explorer!

For complete coverage information, please visit our insurance page

Discounts and Benefits

The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is your passport to fantastic discounts and services at home and around the world.

The ISIC card is the largest globally recognized student ID for over 50 years and ISIC cardholders are members of a truly global club. Every year more than 4.5 million students from 120 countries use their student card to take advantage of offers on travel, shopping, museums, food, entertainment, transportation and more worldwide.

What can the ISIC student lifestyle card do for me?

You'll use your ISIC card to save money as you travel around the world on a well-deserved break from school. Also use it while kicking back at home going about your daily student life. There are tens of thousands of student discounts, so check out what's available at your local restaurants, cinemas and shops.

Global ISIC Discounts and Benefits

2,800 Museums and Culture Sites

2,400 Hostels and Budget Hotels

1,200 Airlines, Buses, Coaches, Trains, and Ferries

2,700 Attractions

21,000 Restaurants, Bars and Entertainment

Find out more about our new global discounts!

Who can get an ISIC Card?

If you are a full-time student at a school, college or university aged 13 or over, you can apply for a student card with ISIC. It's an easy process. In no time, you'll be enjoying thousands of discounts and benefits at home and away. As a general guideline, students must be enrolled for the current academic year at an accredited institution and matriculating towards a diploma or degree.

Which documents do I need to get an ISIC Card?

The ISIC card is only available for full-time students. You will need to provide a proof of identity (Valid Driver License, Valid passport), and one of the following documents to your closest STA Travel store or ISIC Point of Sale:

  • A document that proves that you are currently studying full time at a recognized school, college or university (Course Schedule or Tuition Receipt)
  • Or a copy of your university or student ID, which is dated and clearly indicates you are currently a full-time student

 If you purchase a card online, you will receive an email asking you to upload these documents. 

Definition of a full-time student

A full-time student means at least 12 hours of study a week, for a minimum of 12 weeks a year.

If you are a full-time teacher or under 30 years old, you can also enjoy similar benefits to the ISIC with the International Youth Identity Card (IYTC) or the International Teachers Identity Card (ITIC).

How long is the ISIC valid for?

An ISIC is valid for one calendar year from the date of issue.

Where can I get my ISIC card?

You can apply ONLINE, visit a STA Travel Store or the ISIC Point of Sale closest to you to get your ISIC. All you have to do is your proof of identity, and proof that you are a student!

Whether you apply online, in a STA Travel store or at an ISIC Point of Sale. You will receive your card in the mail within 5 to 15 days business days.

How much does an ISIC card cost?

The price of an ISIC card is only $25.00 - nothing compared to the hundreds of dollars you will save!

Please note - ISIC/IYTC/ITIC cards are non-refundable because they are created with each cardholder personal information when the cards are ordered.

I'm not a student any more - is there a card for me?


Anyone between the age of 13 and 30 can get an International Youth Travel Card (IYTC), which gives you access to similar offers as the ISIC card.


If you've left your student years behind you and now work full-time as a teacher or professor, the International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC) also gives you great discounts and services.

Find out more about the IYTC and ITIC card.